Second List may be announced at the time of Actual Admission in July.
Admission process will start in the month of July. All the selected applicants are requested to kindly send their graduation Marks cards with Overall percentage. In case of CGPA, applicants should convert their CGPA to Percentage as per the conversion criteria using by their University / College.
RESULT FOR M.SC. COGNITIVE SCIENCE SESSION 2017-18
Roll No. Name of the Applicants
4217217 Shivnekar Revati Vijay
4217244 Parvathy Ramesh
4217285 Johny T. Koshy
4217286 Vrujen Andhare
4217206 Abhilasha R. Jagtap
4217225 Arjun Mitra
4217239 Aswini M.
4217232 Roshan Jayarajan
4217208 Rozzel Kasera
4217282 Mansi Chadha
4217230 Himani Bector
4217207 Balagopal R.
4217216 Rushikesh Pundlik Sewatkar
4217250 Divya Kumar Jaiswal
4217295 Hanfia Rahman
4217247 Pragya Priyadarshini
4217231 Marjyada Medhi
4217300 Abhinav Prakash
4217274 Annu Oraon
First Cut Off Marks:
For General Category : 56
For OBC Category : 49
For SC Category : 33
For ST Category : 26
- As per the availability of the seats, we will announce/upload the next list.
- All applicants may write to email@example.com for their respective marks in the Entrance Test 2017.
- All the provisionally selected candidates are requested to kindly send their consent for taking admission at the CBCS, AU latest by 8/4/2017 through e-mail to Mr. Puneet <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
- The admission is subject to the candidates securing prescribed marks 55% for General and 50% for OBC/SC/ST or equivalent in the graduation.
- All selected candidates should submit the copy of the Final Year or Semester marks card to the Office at the time of Admission.
- All selected candidates should bring their Migration/Transfer Certificate from the last attended institution / college/ university along with some recent passport size photographs.
- Reservations as per the Central Educational Institution (Reservation in Admission) Act, 2006 and also as per the letter of the Ministry of the Human Resource Development regarding implementation of Reservation in Admission in respect of persons belongs to Socially and Educationally Backward Classes OBCs)
- All the selected candidates under the social category of OBC should submit their Income Certificate and admission under the category would be based on the Income Certificate.
- All the selected candidates should submit their recent caste certificate to the office at the time of admission.
- Teacher Ward and Employee Ward is applicable as per the University of Allahabad rules.
- Admission process may start in the month of June/July. Exact dates will be announced at appropriate time.
If you want any information or have any problem/clarification, please mail to email@example.com
CENTRE’S Address for AIWT 2017
Admission Process for 2017
Last date for Submission of Application : Date Closed
Entrance Test Date :
Entrance Test Timing :
Number of Seats: 23
How to Apply:
Admission Eligibility: Students who are appearing final year / have completed a Bachelors degree in Cognitive Science or related disciplines including Psychology, Neurosciences, Bio-sciences or Life Sciences, Linguistics, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering (Computer Science, Electrical, ECE, etc), and Medicine.
Students should have at least 55% (for General) at the Undergraduate level (50% for OBC/SC/ST) for appearing in the entrance exam.
Reservation: Seats shall be reserved for certain categories of candidates in all subjects/courses for which the Admission Test has been held, in accordance with the provisions of the following sub-paragraphs:
- Seats in each subject-course will be reserved for candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes (SC) category, the Scheduled Tribes (ST) category and Other Backward Classes (OBCs):
- For candidates belonging to SC category: 15%
- For candidates belonging to ST category: 7.5%
- For candidates belonging to OBCs category: 27% for the current session as per THE CENTRAL EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION (Reservation in Admission) ACT, 2006 and also as per the letter of the Ministry of the Human Resource Development regarding implementation of Reservation in Admission in respect of persons belonging to Socially and Educationally Backward Classes (OBCs).
- The notifications / executive instructions of the Government of India, the regulations/ norms issued by the University Grants Commission (UGC) and the directions/ observations (if any) of the Hon’ble Supreme Court and the Hon’ble High Court shall be strictly followed with regard to the reservation of seats in admission.
- In case the seats reserved for candidates belonging to ST category remain vacant on account of the non-availability of candidates, such vacant seats shall be adjusted with the seats reserved for candidates belonging to SC category.
- In case the seats reserved for candidates belonging to SC category remain vacant on account of the non-availability of candidates, such vacant seats shall be adjusted with the unreserved (general) seats.
- Only such candidates shall be eligible for admission on the reserved seats as have mentioned their category of the concerned reserved category in the Application Form.
- Three percent of approved seats in each subject or course shall be reserved for Physically Challenged (Orthopaedically challenged 1%, Blind 1% and Hearing impairments 1%).
- Entries made by the candidate in the Form shall be considered final, and no subsequent request for change(s) or modification(s) in the same shall be entertained.
A. A Demand Draft for Rs. 600 /- in favour of “CBCS General Development Fund” payable at “Allahabad” should be sent along with the filled Application.
B. Payment through NEFT / RTGS, UTR (Transfer Receipt) printout should be sent along with the filled Application form
Details are as under:
Name of the Bank: State Bank of India
Branch: Allahabad University Code: 01621
Account Name: “CBCS General Development Fund”
Account Number: 32804295211
Bank MICR Code: 211002003
IFSC No.: SBIN0001621
Application to be sent to the following Address:
Centre of Behavioural and Cognitive Sciences
University of Allahabad
Allahabad – 211 002.
If you want any information or have any problem/clarification, please mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (Mr. Puneet Kumar) or call on 09005591336.
Entrance Test Centers : Allahabad, Bangalore, Delhi, Kolkata and Mumbai (Centres will be offered if sufficient applicants are available in a given centre).
Syllabus and Pattern
Duration : 3 hours
The Test (MCQs) will consists of two Sections (100 questions, carrying 100 marks):
Section 1 (45 Questions, )
A. English Comprehension
B. General Reasoning
C. Numerical Ability
The second Section will consist of objective questions from Psychology (Cognitive, Developmental, Personality), Computer Science, and Neuroscience.
Section 2 (55 Questions)
Principles of Cognitive Psychology and Neuroscience Cognitive/Experimental Psychology
Perceptual processes, object recognition, attention, working memory, long-term memory, different types of long-term memory, mental imagery, language comprehension and production, language development, problem solving, decision making and cognitive development.
Structure of neurons, glial cells, action potential, synapse, synaptic transmission, neurotransmitters, anatomical organization of the nervous system, sensory systems, neural basis of learning and memory.
- Thagard, P. Mind: An introduction to cognitive science, PHI.
- Eysenck, K. (2002). Cognitive Psychology: A student’s handbook. Sussex: Psychology Press.
- Solso, R. L., Maclin, K. M., & Maclin, O. H. (2005). Cognitive Psychology. NY: Pearson.
- Longstaff, A. (2002). Neuroscience. New Delhi: Viva Books Private Limited.
- George, Y. The Study of Language. New Delhi. Cambridge University Press India.
Principles of Computing
Values and their representation, operations on values, data-types, control statements, data structures, functions, pointers, Basic algorithms.
Yashavant P. Kanetkar. Let Us C., Infinity Science Press; 8 edition (1 Mar 2008)
Sample Questions for Master Programme Entrance Test
Section A: Objective type questions
English Comprehension: Fill in the blanks
1. It does not _________who wins the war because everything that comes in the way of the advancement of ________ will come to an end.
(a) Care …… science (b) decide ….nations (C) matter ….. humanity (d) important …..civilization
2. What is the greatest 3-digit figure, which is a full square and may be divisible by 10, 15, or 25?
(a) 256 (b) 400 (c) 625 (d) 900
3. If DOCTOR is coded as FQEVQT, then PATIENT will be coded as?
(a) OZSHDMS (b) QBUJFOU (c) RCVKGPV (d) SDWLHQW
Application Form for M.Sc. in Cognitive Science (application-form)