Professor & Head
Adjunct Faculty, Cognitive Science Program, IIT Delhi (2020-current) (Taught a full Semester course on Cognitive Neuroscience to MSc Cognitive Science students at IIT Delhi 2020 and 2021 batch)
Chairperson, Expert Committee of the DST-Cognitive Science Research Initiative for Postdoctoral fellowship (August 2021- current)
Member, Advisory Board, School of Medical Sciences, University of Hyderabad (2021 to current)
Member, Board of Studies, Cognitive Science program, Thapar School of Liberal Arts and Sciences, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, (August 2021 to current)
Member, Program Advisory Committee, Quantitative Social Sciences (Core Research Grant), SERB, DST, Govt of India (2021 to current)
Click here to know more about our lab.
PhD, National Institute of Mental health and Neurosciences (NIMHANS), Bangalore, India
M. Phil (Medical and Social Psychology), Central Institute of Psychiatry, Ranchi, India
M.A. (Psychology), Lucknow University, Lucknow, India
Cognitive control, affective control, Cognitive development, Dyslexia, Bilingualism and cognitive control, Cognitive and emotional ageing.
- Behavioural and neural correlates of the Interaction between bilingualism and cognitive control
- Development of cognitive-socio-affective competence
- Effect of trait anxiety and pathological anxiety on dynamic adjustments in cognitive control
- Cognitive ageing and the Positivity effect
- Effect of obesity on inhibition and reward sensitivity
- Kar, B. R. (Editor). (2013). Cognition and Brain Development: Converging evidences from various methodologies. Washington: American Psychological Association.
- Tripathi, R.C., Kar, B. R., & Pande, N. (2022). Towards an Integrative Psychological Science: Issues, Approaches and Applications. Springer.
- Mohindru, S., Nigam, R. & Kar, B. R. (2023). Cognitive and Emotional Aging Across the Life Span: Implications for Building the Cognitive Reserve and Resilience. In S. I. Rizvi (Editor). Emerging Anti-aging Strategies. Singapore: Springer. (pp 287-310)
- Kar, B. R. & Nigam, R. (2022). Interaction between affect and cognition as a function of ageing: Testing the positivity bias in Indian population. In R. C. Tripathi, B. R. Kar, & N. Pande. (Eds). Towards an Integrative Psychological Science: Issues, Approaches and Applications. Springer.
- Kar, B. C., Kumar, A., & Kar, B. R. (2022, December 30). Cognitive Mechanisms underlying sports performance of athletes engaged in strategic team sports. https://doi.org/10.31234/osf.io/rh8z5
- Nigam, R. & Kar B. R. (2021). Conflict monitoring and adaptation to affective stimuli as a function of ageing. Cognitive Processing, 22, 675-690. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10339-021-01042-5
- Rao, C., Sumathi, T. A., Midha, R. Oberoi, G., Kar, B. R., Khan, M., Vaidya, K., Midya, V., Raman, N., Gajre, M., & Singh, N. C. (2021). Development and Standardization of the DALI-DAB (Dyslexia Assessment for Languages of India – Dyslexia Assessment Battery). Annals of Dyslexia. doi: 10.1007/s11881-021-00227-z
- Joshi, G., Daksha, C. P., Pammi, V. S. C., & Kar, B. R. (2021, March 8th). Standardization and Convergent Validation of the State-Trait Anxiety Inventory with measures of Personality, Affective Control and, Risk Propensity. https://doi.org/10.31234/osf.io/845bj
- Dash, & Kar, B. R. (2020). Behavioural and ERP correlates of bilingual language control and general-purpose inhibitory control predicted by L1 and L2 proficiency, Journal of Neurolinguistics, 56 doi.org/10.1016/j.jneuroling.2020.100914.
- Nigam, Kar, B. R. (2020). Cognitive ageing in developing societies: An overview and a cross sectional study on young, middle-aged and older adults in Indian context. In the Special issue on Ageing in Developing Societies, Psychology and Developing Societies, https://doi.org/10.1177/0971333620937511
- Nithin, T. H., Parihar, P., & Kar, B. R. (2020). Language Proficiency, sociolinguistic factors and inhibitory In the special issue on Cognitive Consequences of Bilingualism, Journal of Cultural Cognitive Science, 4 (2), DOI: 10.1007/s41809-020-00065-2
- Kar, B. R., Nigam, R., Pammi, V.S.C., Gularia, A., & Srinivasan, N. (2019). Neuro-cognitive mechanisms of affective conflict adaptation: An event related fMRI study. Progress in Brain Research, Emotion and Cognition, 246,
- Singh, P. & Kar, B. R. (2018). Effect of language proficiency on proactive occulomotor control among bilinguals. PLoS One, doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0207904
- Kar, B. R., Srinivasan, N., Nehabala, Y., & Nigam, R. (2018). Proactive and reactive control depends on emotional valence: A Stroop study with emotional expressions and words. Cognition & Emotion, 32, 325-340.
- Kar, B. R. & Kenderla, P.K. (2017).Working Memory and Executive Attention: Insights from Developmental Studies and Implications for Learning and Education. Journal of Indian Institute of Science.
- Dash, T. & Kar, B. R. (2014). Behavioural and ERP correlates of bilingual language control and general purpose inhibitory control: evidence based on the identity negative priming paradigm. Behavioural Neurology, 679706.
- Khare, V., Verma, A., Kar, B. R., Srinivasan, N. & Brysbeart, M. (2013). Bilingualism and the increased attentional blink effect: Evidence that the difference between bilinguals and monolinguals generalizes to different levels of second language proficiency, Psychological Research, 77, 728-737.
- Gupta, R. & Kar, B. R. (2012). Attention and memory biases as stable abnormalities among currently depressed and currently remitted individuals with Unipolar Depression. Frontiers in Psychiatry, 3:99.
- Dash, T. & Kar, B. R. (2012). Characterizing language proficiency in Hindi and English: Implications for bilingual research.International Journal of Mind, Brain and Cognition.
- Kar, B.R., Rao, S.L., Chandrmouli, B.A., & Thennarasu, K. (2011). Growth patterns of neuropsychological functions in Indian children. Frontiers in Psychology, 2:240.
- Gupta, R., Kar, B.R., & Srinivasan, N. (2011). Cognitive-motivational deficits in ADHD: Development of a classification system. Child Neuropsychology, 17, 67-81.
- Kar, B. R., Rao, S. L., Chandramouli, B. A., Thennarasu, K., & Satishchandra, P. (2010). Neuropsychological lateralization of brain dysfunction in children with mesial temporal sclerosis: A presurgical evaluation. Journal of Child Neurology, 25, 705-714.
- Gupta R. & Kar, B. R. (2010). Specific Cognitive Deficits in ADHD: A Diagnostic Concern in Differential Diagnosis. Journal of Child and Family Studies, 19, 778-786.
- Gupta, R., Kar, B. R., & Srinivasan, N. (2009). Development of Task Switching and Error Monitoring in Children. Behavioral and Brain functions, 5; 38.
- Gupta, R. & Kar, B. R. (2009). Development of attentional processes in children with ADHD and normally developing children. Progress in Brain Research: 176. Amsterdam: Elsevier.
- Kar, B. R., Rao, S. L. & Chandramouli, B. A. (2008). Cognitive development in children with chronic protein energy malnutrition. Behavioral and Brain Functions, 4: 31.
- Kar, B. R., Rao, S. L., Chandramouli, B. A. & Thennarasu, K. (2004). NIMHANS Neuropsychological Battery for Children. Bangalore: NIMHANS publication division